Thursday, November 06, 2008

What to say

How many ways can I say I don't have anything to say?

But I am committed, so I will write something. Plus I kept notes today just in case. I know, how pathetic is that? I actually had a to-do list on my desk today and at the bottom I kept notes of dumb things so I would have something to write.

My to-do list was this:
"DC2"
"Rebecca - clean"
"Homework - SPELLING!"
"bills (send)"
"eye doctor 66....."

There are check marks or times after nearly every item! Homework - Bubba is still working on that. I am teaching him to be just like me - wait untill the last minute. Its due tomorrow! And we/he is struggling mightily tonight. I don't know what his deal is, he actually got into trouble today at school. A "refocus" they call it. Kind of like a time out, only they have to write a note to mom and dad telling them what they did wrong. Of course, it was because he wasn't paying attention. No big surprise!

My notes look something like this:
"rained"
"snowed"
"b-day party scheduled!"
"cleaner sched!"

The first two are obvious (well to me) it rained and we watched it snow in the higher elevations. Nothing in town. I got Bubba's birthday party scheduled (that was DC2 on my to-do list) and the cleaner scheduled.

I am spoiled rotten. We have a cleaner come in every other week. She does all the things I don't like: tub, shower, toilets, kitchen & dining room floor. I love her! She is coming on Friday and I am relieved because we are having company this weekend. LK is coming to town! Yay! She encouraged me to get Miss I's birthday party planned which turned into getting Bubbas party planned too! Thanks sis!

Miss I, my MIL, my FIL and I all have birthdays in the first 18 days of November so we are going to do a everyone party on Saturday. It should be fun!

Mercy me. This child. "Quit writing on your hand, put your pencil on your paper and get your homework done." (You should have seen the look on his face when I told him to quit writing on his hand ... the classic "how did you know?" look. Sometimes being a mom is fun. That's kind of naughty isn't it?)

No comments: