Thursday, July 29, 2010

Talking

I am kind of nervous thinking about "the August break". A month in pictures. An interesting way to capture my world, my feelings, my desires, my life. Of course I want to be king of organized about it, have a purpose each day, but that's not really the point is it? Just go with it!

Or maybe I will do A Thing A Day and take a picture of the thing a day I get rid of???

I've been kind of cooped up with a sick kid. Miss I came down with a fever on Tuesday evening (it was 104!) and then spent Wednesday feeling pretty bad.
She was hallucinating on Tuesday night, "Mama is that dog okay?"
"You see a dog?"
"Yeah, right there."
"Yeah honey, he's okay..."
Poor thing was dizzy on Wednesday morning "Mama, I can't hold on." And then this morning she actually spewed so I thought we'd be spending the day doing nothing again, but she ate some toast awhile ago, her fever is gone, she's getting her "laugh back" as she put it and asking where we are going to go today.

Originally the kids and I were going camping with DW and another family this weekend but my plans changed when Miss I was so sick. Bubba was totally disappointed this morning. Now, however ... maybe we will still go? Or at least head out there tomorrow to play and maybe spend one night?

About work. Night shift is going really good. I sure do like it. The busyness, working with new people, challenging myself. But some of those cops ... cranks! Mostly I don't let them get to me. Mostly I try to treat them nice so they will treat me nice. I had success on Tuesday night, I got a notoriously cranky, impatient cop to repeat himself when his radio was crappy and later he complimented me. Made. My. Night. The simple things.

2 comments:

The Loidhamer Family said...

Glad to hear she's feeling better!

The Loidhamer Family said...

I think you should do a whole year in pics. One each day (much healthier than cooking your way through Julia Child's recipes!) It would make a great coffee table book.