Thursday, July 08, 2010

Less than two weeks

I lost my motivation on or around the 27th.
Then I got it back on or around Monday.

Good thing too, there's less than two weeks before the race!

Monday night my gal JP came over and we ran. Pretty good run, we were both kind of tired.

Tuesday night I went to the pool and swam. Good swim. Two long stretches that felt really good. And since I was feeling so good, I decided to go for a run. It was a really good idea. The run good too. I had read a pretty inspirational story just before I left for my swim and I think it was just what I needed. Thanks LSL!

Wednesday I dug the wetsuit out of the boat. We have a couple, actually, so I texted JP and asked if she wanted to go do a test swim at the pool. Boy did I feel dumb going swimming at an indoor pool in a wetsuit! But it was a good idea. We knew it would feel different, but we didn't know it would make our arms feel like they weighed eighty-five (85) pounds EACH! Holy mother of all things wet and heavy! We did it though. We're trying to arrange an open water day, but we're running out of time and our days off are different so ....

This morning I had planned to run, so I dragged my lazy bum out of bed, checked my text, just in case JP was up, and she was, so we ran again. We did the 2.5 mile loop from here, but had to walk part of it as usual. We did run a small section of the beastly hill though. WHEW! THEN, THEN, she made me do more stuff, push ups and squats and some triceps dips. On that evil B! I am going to be sore tomorrow!

Tomorrow we are planning on a swim in the outdoor pool in the wetsuits. I will admit I am a little embarrassed, but I gotta do it. The lake is freezing cold. Sixty-six last week. brrrrrr.

In other news, we had a great time with family here on the 4th for my nieces 3rd birthday party. It was too windy and cold for the pool, but luckily my gal DW had offered to loan me her jumping castle so we had something for the kids to do. What fun! They all loved it. Many thanks to her! My dad-in-law and brother-in-law had been out fishing the day before so we bbq'd fresh salmon for dinner, it was delicious and later we took the kids to the park for the fireworks. Turned out that one of my favorite semi-local bands, Red Means Go, was playing at the park so we got to hear them while we waited. But it made for a late night and then a VERY early morning.

Speaking of early mornings, I am starting night shift on Saturday so I blacked out my bedroom today. Turns out the curtains I bought for the living room that didn't look very good look kind of nice in the bedroom. It really needs to be painted tho .... KIDDING!!! No more painting for awhile. Maybe in November :)

No comments: