Sunday, July 18, 2010

One-Zero-Six-Nine

(There has to be a joke in there somewhere!)

1069, that was this year's race number in the ChelanMan Triathlon. My gal JP and I did the sprint distance, which really pushed me. The ONLY impact was double the swim length (1/2 mile instead of 1/4 mile) which really shouldn't have been a big deal. The water and me, we are friends. Or at least I thought we were!

The water was cold-ish (thanks JP for the wet suit), the water was choppy, and I wanted to give up several times ("If I can make that buoy .... Okay, maybe at the next one ... Swear to God if I make it to the shore-line buoys I am done!") Alas, something bigger than me won the battle and I made the swim. And the bike. And the run. Really, when I think about it, it was the wind that caused all my problems.

It wasn't without *many* swear words, a lot of wishing a rock would fall on me or a car would hit me or a shoelace would come undone! But I made it. (Serious, folks, I had ALL those thoughts. More than once.)

I will be mulling it over for awhile. Look forward to a post later.

For now, I am going to have (another) glass of wine and some pasta for supper.

No comments: