Friday, July 09, 2010

Aaahhh Summer

Spent the last two days working on my tan. I love summer. The pool was cool and refreshing yesterday, one dunk at a time. It was much more tolerable today to hang out in for a few minutes at a time.

I got up early-ish and took the wet suit to the City pool. It was just as embarrassing as I thought it was going to be. Who goes swimming when it is seventy degrees out (yes! at 7am) in a wet suit? WE DO! One of the other lap swimmers actually teased us which gave us the chance to say we were practicing in them for the Tri. Then we felt better about it. They sure are restraining. I don't like it at all, but I made myself do it. I have a friend that lives near the Lake, she's actually been in the water and said it isn't too bad once you get used to it. Maybe we'll be okay without them? Still looking for a way to go (safely) next week and do an open water swim.

AND! My bike is ready. Well, sort of. The bike repair guy called, told me he fixed what he could, and recommended borrowing a (lighter) bike that is for sale at the shop to see how I like it, oh, and why don't I use it for the race because it will be safer! So, I came home with two bikes and I can't wait to check out the new-ish one. It sure is lighter! Maybe I can shave a couple minutes there since the swim might take me longer in the wet suit. (As if I am worried about the times.) I am planning on riding tomorrow morning to check it out.

1 comment:

LSL said...

Interesting - I wear a wetsuit all the time, but I've never thought about swimming in it! That would be tough. Do you know the thickness of it? I wear a 4/5 and it's pretty warm but restricting!