Friday, August 13, 2010

Break12


Re-purposed pottery in the front yard.


This piece makes me sad. 12 or so years ago several of us went to Oregon, I think it was my sisters, my mom and aunt, but I could be wrong, anyway I bought this piece on that trip. It's raku fired and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately a year or so ago it fell off the dresser where it had resided for several years. It became yard art because I just can't bear to part with it.

After I went iTunes crazy, a couple of my girls brought me some new cd mixes. I popped one in today and -- oops! Lots of bad language. I don't care about it myself, but the kids are listening ... As if they have not heard half the language in the songs - duh. Anyway, DW's mix is excellent and full of great songs. JP's was fun too, full of rap and fun summer-y lyrics. My girls are so good to me :)

I've been trying to stay active even though the triathlon is over. I ran once last week and then went for a swim today. It was good to get back in the pool. The run was also good. It's amazing what your body remembers even if its been awhile.

And yes, I got the house pretty well cleaned up. Mopped, bathrooms and I even changed sheets! Yay me :)

1 comment:

Michelle Littler said...

It has been almost 12 years since we had a girls weekend...crazy how time flys and how things have changed