Monday, January 07, 2008

Party

Well, we made it to the sledding party. I only drove 20 miles out of the way, but thats no big deal. Bubba was amazing. He actually sledded. I wasn't sure if he would or not. But he did. He did until he had made himself sick. Literally. He started out just a little ways up the hill and then would go two steps further and then more and more until he made it nearly to the top. I wouldn't let him go from the top, I was too worried. He's pretty light and I was watching some little kids go flying! This one little girl, I am in love with her and her dad, she was a little daredevil. She would come flying down the hill, crash at the bottom and then get up with this look on her face like "what" as she held one mitten in sort of an embarrassed way to her face. She was adorable. Her dad seemed like a lot of fun! He brought hot dogs to roast in the middle of winter over the bonfire! I want to know them better.

The only person that had been seriously injured when I left, was the host of the party, trying to keep up with the Jonses. He and the aforementioned fun guy were trying to see who could sled farthest. Well, my friends sled ended up dumping him on his face bloodying his nose and possibly giving him a black eye. Unfortunately for him, he is an attention-getting-prank-pulling-nut so no one really thought he was hurt. Not until we saw the blood running down his face after he had been flat on the ground for a good 10 minutes. I felt a little bad, but it really wasn't my place to check on him was it? His best friend and wife were right there ... Anyway, it was a lot of fun. No, I wasn't miss social butterfly. But I don't think I failed miserably, I just didn't open my wings and fly. I just sort of opened them a little to test them out. Baby steps right?

Their place is out in the sticks with all this wide open space. The scenery was beautiful. Fresh snow had fallen over all these wheat fields. Rolling hills everywhere covered in white with the sun just starting to set. And the sky! It was alive with stars. I would go there again in a heartbeat just for the atmosphere. When my camera is done I want to go out there to take pictures. Unfortunately, it's still at the shop and I couldn't take a single picture of Harry sledding. I am a little disappointed, he would have looked tiny standing at the foot of the hill with his little saucer sled in hand. Another time I guess.

Speaking of snow, we got hit with a ton of snow on Friday and another couple inches last night and I heard there was a winter weather watch for tonight so maybe some more snow? Yay! I love it when it snows, its so beautiful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had in interesting conversation with a supervisor at work yesterday. She was asking me if I was interested in supervising again. I said "Hell No" but she persisted and asked me some questions that got me thinking. So we are going to have dinner tonight. I will at least listen to what she has to say. Either way, I could use the ego stroke.

1 comment:

Wentworth Family Blog said...

good luck, that is a big decision.