Friday, January 04, 2008

Free time

WHEW! I was originally signed up to work a 10 hour overtime shift today. Turns out the person who needed the day off only ended up needing 2 hours off so he came into work! Which left me with a whole day to myself. And I took advantage of it. So what did I do? I went out to lunch with my little sister. Then I came home and shoveled the 5 inches of new snow. My Honey showed up part way through and we worked together on the last half. For the record, it was the second time I broke a sweat today, I also got up early and did an aerobics class at 5:30. I will be so sore tomorrow!

Speaking of working out: since the day after Christmas I have been on the ball! I didn't even wait for new years, just got my ipod-thing going and here I go. What a great work out motivator for me. My music at my fingertips, in my ears. Its perfect. I have even been able to run a pretty decent mile, cool down and then do some weights.

The snow is good stuff, it will make a beautiful snowman. Not that I will get to take any pictures of it, my camera is still at the shop. But It may cancel my trek out of town to the party tomorrow. My Honey hasn't been feeling well and isn't planning on going so he is worried about the roads. Guess we will just have to wait and see, its warmed up now so it may be alright tomorrow. One of the gals I work with commutes from the same area where the party is so I will call her in the morning to see how the roads were.

After the snow and visiting with My Honey while he ate lunch then I went downstairs to clean up. Its been awhile and it needed to be cleaned up while the kids were gone. I have a couple boxes of things I can get rid of now. I re-arranged it a bit too so its a more open space, but its still not how I want it. Someday later this year. The idea is baby steps, when My Honey sees it he will say, "hey that looks nice, but what if we ....." and then I will get what I want - you know, when its his idea!

My mind is mulling over LSL's comment about confidence. I am nodding my ascent, its true I lack confidence. I just don't see myself as that interesting, but that's the trick, ITS NOT ABOUT ME. Ahhhh, that may be more the issue, learning to listen better to others. To be more verbally interested, because I am interested, I really am, I just don't ever have the words right away to convey that interest, so then I come off as stand-off-ish or snobby. Anyway, it gives me insight on how to improve myself in that way.

No comments: