Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Overheard

If you had been lying in my bed this morning with my two boy H's you would have overheard this after a quick kiss from me to My Honey: "I don't want you guys making out while I am in here." Then a ton of laughter! Once we regained our composure I asked Bubba what "making out" was, he told me it was kissing and that if his dad and I were kissing it was gross but if I was kissing him its alright. Guess where he learned that? TV.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinner went well with my supervisor-co-worker. It was enlightening, but didn't change my mind. She had some good points to consider but I still think I will stay where I am at. After I got home from dinner My Honey and I discussed it some more, he started talking dollars and cents and that was the clincher - there is no amount of money to get me to do that job for the current administration.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discipline has become tougher lately. For some reason no one seems to hear me unless I YELL AT THEM. It's becoming old real fast. It's tiring and it upsets us all. But here is the interesting part: any time I go and apologize to Bubba about yelling, because I don't think its right, and he deserves an apology when I can't control myself, you know what he says to me? He says "that's okay Mom, because I know you love me." It moves me to tears almost every time. And it makes me look at my life, my childhood of yelling and being yelled at (and there was plenty of it) and I can honestly say I never would have been able to say that to my mom. Never. So I guess I am doing something right. Either that or he has totally figured out how to manipulate me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been working out regularly for the past couple weeks, its not much, but it was something. Well, I fell off the wagon this week. However, I think all the shoveling I have done the past two days and I hauled wood today should make me feel pretty good and count as workouts, what do you think?

No comments: