Friday, September 03, 2010

*yawn*

After school yesterday I took the kids to the park. It was a really nice afternoon, probably one of the few we have left. They had a great time and I just buzzed around with my camera.



Today, I spent the past few hours cleaning up the kids' rooms. It's a two or three times a year thing. You know, do it while they're out, throw away all the little pieces of crap that have been sitting around for way too long, vacuum, dust, maybe re-arrange. That kind of clean up. I've said it before, I will say it again - I HATE TO CLEAN. HATE. TO. CLEAN. I wish I could say I feel "so much better now that that mess is all out of the way" but what I really feel is anxious that Bubba is going to have a melt down. (Yeah, I know, who's in charge in this house?) OH. WELL. His room looks great and so does Miss I's. She just watched TV while I cleaned. It worked out pretty well for both of us.

Tomorrow I go back to work. At 3am. *sigh* there is a part of me that is really glad to be going back and a part of me that isn't. The part that wants to go back is the part that NEEDS TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE (read: away from the kids). The part that doesn't is the part that wants to sleep in past 2am. Oh well. It's just a month.

... then again, it could be all next year ...

No comments: