Monday, April 07, 2008

Karma

Serves me right. I called out sick and didn't end up having a sick kid so now it's my day off and I have a sick kid. Poor Bubba has had a temp of 103.7 degrees (or higher) but no other symptoms. I'm not quite sure what to do with him except keep him quarantined. So he's stuck in my bedroom with only the TV for company. It's weird though that he has no other symptoms except this raging fever. It kind of put a kink in my plans for the day. A lot of the fruit trees are in bloom and I want some pictures, can't very well do that with a sick kid can I? Maybe tomorrow.

I sure hope Bubba is better by tomorrow, Wednesday is his first soccer game and there are birthday parties on Saturday and Sunday. PLUS my sister and her son are coming over on Friday. I would like him to have at least one recovery day before putting him out on the field in a game. Not to mention a few days to disinfect the house before company comes over. Another busy but fun spring week ahead! And it's just beginning. Apple Blossom will be here before we know it and then Memorial Day.

We are going to Guemes Island for Memorial Day to spend it with my Dad, his wife and family. I am really looking forward to it. I love the Island and I can't wait to see it in the spring. The only other time of the year I have been there is Thanksgiving. I can't wait. It will be a different experience. We usually all stay together in the Guemes House and for Memorial Day each family has our own cabins.

I was able to get runs in this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. It felt really good. Saturdays run took me to the same place as a few weeks back. For some reason I just feel a connection to that place right now. For Sundays run I started at a different part of the Park and headed north as usual. It was nice, a tad chilly, but nice. I started out walking, I wasn't feeling 100% but I ended with a run at the end. Good for me! I had wanted to get a run in today too, but with Bubba being home sick it didn't work out. Theres always tomorrow.

My mom was a doll and brought us some 7-up. I was nearly out of Motrin and didn't have any Tylenol so I went to the store before My Honey left for work, only I forgot the 7-up to mix with Pedialite for Bubba to drink so he is at least getting some kind of something. Thanks Mom!

I haven't really accomplished much today. I wanted to work in the yard while the kids slept, but I slept for awhile too! I did get some laundry done, took care of my sick-o kid and tried to give the well-child some attention too. Its a lot of work having a sick kid in the house. At least I got a shower taken!

No comments: