Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy


We have soccer games tonight and tomorrow night and I have dinner plans for Thursday. Friday is clear so far, Saturday and Sunday I work. Sometime during the weekend Auntie Portland is coming to town so we are having family dinner in celebration of my oldest nephew's 17th birthday on Sunday. Seventeen. Do you remember seventeen? Maybe someday I will post what I remember about being 17....

As far as work goes this week, I only work a few hours tomorrow because I have a doctors appointment in the morning, so I decided to bag the rest of the day. Who wants to go back to work after her annual appointment? Not me!! Not sure what I am going to do with the rest of my day yet... I love a free afternoon.


I also took half the day off on Thursday to get in on the first of the Apple Blossom festivities. Its the "Chief For A Day" celebration tomorrow and I don't want to miss it. Local schools nominate students(usually elementary school age) with some kind of a disability, chronic or terminal illness to be Chief for the day. Winners are selected, they meet at the north end of town, ride in their agency-appropriate car and cruise lights and sirens to the park for lunch. The kids are decked out in agency-appropriate uniforms, they get name tags, stripes, a tour of the building that they are "in charge of" the whole nine yards. Its usually very cool. Bubba remembers the bag-pipers from last year: "Mom are the guys with the funny music going to be there again?" I am picking up Bubba at school and then heading to the Fat Fest in the Park for this event. Can't help it, I am drawn to cotton candy, funnel cakes and greasy spoon food. MMMMM.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday I have to work all day. Sheesh, what a life. Friday afternoon I have an appointment for a manicure and pedicure so that should be nice. All in all it will be a busy, but fun next few days! Welcome to Spring!

No comments: