Friday, April 11, 2008

Lucky

Sometimes I don't realize how lucky I am.

My sister is here to visit and I am so glad. Its my long work week and she is planning on taking good care of me and the fam while she is here. I agree with LSL that every one needs a sister and if you don't have one, you should get one! Adoption, shared custody, what ever you need, get one!

She brought over enchiladas so we could have a hassle-free dinner one night, she arranged a BBQ at the other sisters house tomorrow night and she is the Transportation Mama to Girl Cousin's birthday party tomorrow! What a gal, she sure is great! Thanks for coming over and making my weekend hassle free! Bless her heart too because the drive over wasn't perfect. One of the passes was closed for avalanche control for an hour or something. But she is a trooper and they made it here! Yay!

Around my house My Honey pitched in and cleaned the bathroom, worked on laundry and liquored me up to help out yesterday. Yes, you read that right "liquored me up." When we were out with his sisters a few weeks ago I tried an Appletini. MMMMMMMMM! Boy I like vodka drinks. A lot. Too much probably so I just buy the small bottles of vodka. Anyway, he encouraged me to sip (gulp) an Appletini last night too. And his mom, of course, she makes every week easier! She watched the kids for an extra 2 hours while I had my hair done yesterday. Completely unnecessary, but it was nice to spend some quiet time doing something for me. And she did transportation to Karate on Wednesday too. I am a lucky girl.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our first soccer game was on Wednesday. It was COLD. Poor Bubba was decked out in an extra coat, hat and gloves. The wind just wouldn't let us be. He did pretty good - for a kid without any experience except practice. Hopefully in the next few weeks the game will make more sense to him. The one thing he said about the game was that he didnt kick the ball. Well, as you can see from the picture, he wasn't ever near the ball.

On Tuesday night he was having a hard time sleeping. At one point I heard a whimpering/laughing noise coming from his room. I went to check on him and I found him face down on his pillow crying. "Whats up?" I asked him. "I don't want to play soccer. I don't like it. I don't want to play in the game. I just want to quit." Turned out he was worried about losing. "I don't want to lose" he wailed. Ah, so I told him that they aren't even keeping score. His tears dried up and he fell asleep in about 5 minutes. It was too funny all the drama!

No comments: