Monday, April 28, 2008

About time

Have you noticed my little weather girl? Isn't she cute? I think it must be what has made the weather here nicer! The day I added her it started to warm up. Its finally in the mid-60's and 70's which is the way I like it this time of year. I really, really like the 90's and hundreds, but they're a few months away.

A much less busy week this week. Karate, facial with Auntie Portland, karate, soccer and a 12 hour overtime shift on Saturday. If this weather holds it could be a busy night .... I sure hope so! It will be fun to work a night shift and hang with some of my pals I don't ever see!

When our center combined we took folks from 4 agencies (two police departments and two sheriff offices) and all started to work together. We experienced some growing pains, but finally, nearly 4 years later we're doing alright. Throughout we've had some comings and goings of staff including several "originals" (people that came from the established agencies). Late on Friday night we sent an aid car for one of our originals that isn't dispatching anymore. We didn't know it was him at first, but found out later. Unfortunately he didn't make it. He had a heart attack and passed away later at the hospital.

I didn't work much with him, but people who did have been touched by his death. Its interesting though, the night before he had met up with a dozen or so people and to celebrate another dispatchers birthday. Several people had seen and talked to him. Fortunately they were people that had worked with him at his previous agency. It just worked out really cool if you ask me. Not that there's ever a "good time" to die, but knowing he had seen some of his buddies and for those who were touched by his death, that they had seen him recently, I think its made it a little easier.

Best Buddy and his sister will be spending a lot of time here for the rest of the school year. Their dad is at a training for a few weeks and then he moves into a new position so hes not available to take the kids to school in the morning. Its fun having them around. I will miss them a little in the summer - although I am sure they will be around here and there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I updated a couple posts with pictures. A few new ones from soccer and the Chief For A Day.

No comments: