Sunday, May 04, 2008

Busier than I thought

Wow! Has it nearly been a week? I've just been plain ol' busy I guess.

Work, karate, work, work, facial, mix up in transportation plans, soccer game, work, fat fest at the park, checking out henna tattoos, night off, work, and finally the weekend. The weekend consisted of the pre-parade fun run, fat fest in the park, watching the parade, getting a henna tattoo, more parade, an attempt at a nap and then a 12-hour overtime shift. And now here I am, late Sunday morning thinking "where'd the week go?"

The overtime shift was good. Busy! I loved it. I miss working nights. As if I am going to go to a night shift... Not likely. Days are working out just fine. It was the Big Festival Weekend so theres lots of crazy kids out there drinking and cruising and that kind of stuff.

I had the strangest thing just happen, it was a phone call from a name that I didn't recognize, but was a local number. I answer and it's one of Bubba's classmates asking for him. So I go get Bubba. I know he is going to be excited about this phone call because its his newest obsession; The Cool Kid.

We have had several conversations lately about this kid, most of them sound like this "Can I have ----- because The Cool Kid has one?" So The Cool Kid invited him over to play this afternoon. Fun stuff. It was kind of funny though, the kids seemed to be making their own plans so when Bubba handed me the phone I asked for T.C.K's mom to make sure that we were all on the same page. Thankfully we were. He had already asked her and she had said yes, so we're off to a play date in an hour. He is SO excited! The timing couldn't be better either. Miss I will be napping, Bubba will be playing so My Honey and I can each get some quiet time. Nice.

No comments: