Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'm trying

I'm just not feeling it. I am trying to get motivated to write and its just not there today. Not sure why. Its beautiful here today, maybe I am too distracted by the 80 degree weather?

I have been going to a Bible study on Monday nights with my sister in law. This session her sister in law is going with us. We all meet at my sister in laws house and walk to the church since its just a few blocks away. Its been a nice way to get to know the girls and its also very refreshing to get just a taste of fresh air each Monday night. Its funny, I have known both these girls for 17 years but we have never hung out together. I am glad we are getting the opportunity now.

Its back to work tomorrow. It's my long work week, we have a soccer game tomorrow, Bubba has an opportunity to do a promotional test for Karate and a Kindergarten music program both on Thursday. My Honey is going out of town Friday, and a soccer game on Saturday. Its looking like a busy week.

I don't think we are going to do the promotional test. First of all its forty bucks and second, I don't know if he's ready for that kind of thing yet. I understand that not many people skip the promotional tests when they come up, but I don't see much value in it for him right now. I should probably talk to the instructor about it. Selfishly, it would make Thursday a lot easier, but if hes not gonna pass to the next level anyway I am gonna keep my forty bucks and my sanity.

I took the kids to the park for lunch yesterday because it was so nice out. I picked up Bubba from school, swung by McDonalds and then headed to the park. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera with me so no pictures. But they had a nice time. We went down by the water for a few minutes too. Unfortunately the park we went to doesn't have any toys, but that worked out okay because it was close to Miss I's nap time anyway.

Lastly, I feel totally inadequate today as a parent. I can't seem to do anything right (in the eyes of my kids anyway). Heaven help me make it through this week!

No comments: