Monday, May 26, 2008

To and Fro

Well, we made it to and fro and we are no worse for wear!

It was GORGEOUS in the San Juan Islands! Pictures of clear blue skies to follow. It was fun to be a part of a ... well, I don't even know what to call it. A resort I guess. It's the same folks going to the Resort for the last two and three decades. It was amazing how quickly the kids got together, the adults just mesh and the newcomers (thats us) were welcomed.

I had a wonderful time, so did the kids. The beach was great, the food was divine, the company was fun (and some of them were drunk) and the teenagers were a hoot! I bonded with a few of the 13-year-old set over the campfire Sunday night. They are such cute ditzes a that age. I had a good time, I hope they did too.

My sister was hanging out with the 16-19-year-old set and I took the time to hang with them too (actually we were avoiding Very Drunk Anoying Woman.) The teens were in the rec room watching video stream of something or other so I started to twenty question Steven on how "video streaming" worked. Apparently its different than downloading (who knew?) ... One of the girls, Michelle, asked me "what do you do?" as in my job. It caught me off guard, its not the type of question I am EVER asked. So I told her I was a dispatcher, why did she want to know. Turns out her mom is a dispatcher too. She wondered because of my questions. It was funny.

Anyway, those are just a few of the fun things. Bubba made a new friend, Miss I had a blast in the sand and rocks, we all got SUNBURNED!! In western Washington none-the-less! And now we are home safe and sound.

No comments: