Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Belt

He did it! Bubba passed his first promotional test. He is pretty proud, he took his new belt to school for sharing today.

He was a basket case all day yesterday anticipating weather or not he had passed. I tried to get him to rest and he dissolved into tears. He sat with me just bawling, "I need to be held, just hold me Mom." It was heart breaking, all because of the possibility that he might not have passed. Of course it was me that put the idea out there... He was thinking it but I put words to it and made him talk about it just in case. I wasn't quite sure how to deal with the possibility so I just talked about it straight out. I am not sure if it was the right thing to do or not. But at least we were prepared. Fortunately we didn't have to deal with disappointment.

Miss I and I were able to get another walk in today. Its been getting nicer in the mornings which is great. She doesn't much care for the stroller but I kept yanking leaves off the trees and giving them to her to look at. "OOOh, mama, kanks."

Her language is developing but its no where near what Bubba was at 2 1/2. He was carrying on adult conversation about anything with big words. We are lucky to get her to say much at all. Oh she is constantly talking, it just doesn't make much sense to us. We try and so does she, but its really all gibberish. And the things she can say she says over and over and over and over and over. "Mama. Air daddy go?" "Mama. Air Ee-ry go?" "Go bye bye?" "Goo day?" all morning long. (Translation: Mama, where did daddy go? Where did Harry go? They went bye bye? Will they have a good day?) Its cute but it gets old. We must have had the same conversation for an hour this morning. Crazy child. But once it develops into real words watch out world, she won't be ignored!

I got an interesting thing in the mail yesterday; a publisher offering me a copy of a book authored by a friend of mine. This gal has wanted to be published since she was in grade school! She always wrote great stories and it looks like she finally got a book complete and I guess its going to be published. The last time I talked to her was last fall and she told me she was nearly done but I had no idea! I can't wait to read it! I know it will be good.

Back to work tomorrow, nothing too exciting going on this week. Oh wait, we get to tour the animal shelter tomorrow. Why you ask ... well thats a good question. I guess it will give us an understanding of their operations which will be useful when... um ... sometime I am sure! It is an opportunity to get out of the office for a couple hours so I won't crab about it too much thats for sure. The rest of the week should be pretty mellow, no major events in town, no overtime scheduled, no holidays to contend with and I am on vacation countdown. Just 6 more shifts till I am off for nearly a week! Yay!

2 comments:

The Loidhamer Family said...

Who wrote a book? Anyone I would remember? I tried your link, but it didn't work.

Rainey said...

Yep! Its Mikki's book. Hopefully the link will work now.