Monday, May 12, 2008

Ahhhh

Its so nice outside! I wish I had a couple hours to take a book out and read with the sun making me squint and get a touch of a tan. But, the kids will only be down for another 30 minutes or so, I have not taken a shower yet today and I need (and I mean NEED) to clean up around here a little. My Girl Friday didn't make it last week so its been awhile since things were spruced up. She may be able to make it this week, but its still pretty bad around here. I need to vacuume and clean the bathrooms. I mean REALLY.

The weekend was nice. I took off early on Saturday to go to Bubba's game, he did pretty good. I think he was tired after such a big week. Afterwards we went shopping for Mothers Day stuffs. My Honey usually gets his mom some kind of flower something, we found a very nice hanging basket at a new greenhouse in town. It is so pretty! And he treated me to some new plants so I spent that afternoon planting new stuff in the front yard. Saturday night I took my mom out to dinner. We had a nice time just the two of us. Sunday I worked, but my sister in law took care of dinner for all of us. She made this really great chicken dish with asparagus and a pasta salad that was to die for. MMMM.

This week has a few things going on, Karate today (Bubba should be getting a new belt from the promotional test on Thursday last week), soccer practice some time this week, Karate on Wednesday, a couple evening things for me and My Honey soccer game on Saturday and then the weekend. My long weekend! Plus, I just heard its supposed to be in the 90's here! Now thats what I'm talking about!!!

While My Honey was away on Friday all the "other people" with him were texting their friends (and the people sitting right next to them), so he texted me off and on all day. It was pretty fun! I was impressed that he made the effort (thanks!) and that he's kept it up. Unfortunately it may require a new phone, one with a keyboard on it instead of having to use the number keys. I am such a dork, it takes me forever to text! Maybe I just need practice!

No comments: