Monday, March 03, 2008

Welcome back Me

I was too tired to write last week, if you can believe that. I took the kids to my dads house the weekend before last and it took me a full week to recuperate emotionally which was exhausting physically. You know how that goes? It was a good trip, the kids did really well, it was just an emotional time. Without getting into to much I just wonder where I belong in their lives right now and how to help. So I am kind of carrying a heavy burden.

Speaking of burdens:
"911 what is the address of your emergency?"
Silence
"Hello? 911"
"Yeah, I am in Your Town"
"Okay, where are you?"
"At the big park downtown"
(deep breath) "Are you at Walla Walla, Riverfront or Confluence park?"
"Um, the one with the tennis and basket ball court"
"Okay, what’s going on there?"
"There’s a blue vehicle in the parking lot and I am on the other side of the bridge that goes out to the peninsula."
"Okay, what’s…" click … Dial tone.
I figured out which park, one of my partners sent law enforcement, but not soon enough. Our officers found him and a 12 gauge right where he said he would be.

I was the last one to talk to him alive. He must have had his mind made up, he didn't even give me a chance to say anything. He used a phone that couldn't receive calls so I wasn't even able call back to figure out what was going on.

That was Sunday, after work I went to work out. I ended up running outside since it was so dang nice (high 50's). I started at the boat launch and ended up at the place he called from. For some reason I had to see it. There wasn't anything to see though, the water had risen as they removed him and any trace of anything except some tire tracks on the grass was gone. I ran the whole way. Good music, nice weather, and a lot on my mind.

It was probably at least a 2 mile run. And I am hurting from it today! My shins - wooo. But I went into the Y and tried to get in another run today. Barely made it a mile. Then I was going to do some weights, but I just couldn't. It was busy and I just didn't have it in me. Maybe tomorrow morning.

No comments: