Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Accomplishments

• It was a 2 mile run, I drove it today. Way to go!
• I worked out yesterday and today too!
• I got most of the laundry done - washed, folded AND put away.
(My Honey gets kudos for laundry this week too, he did a ton over the weekend while I worked my A off.)
• I got grocery shopping for the rest of the week done. It's been a couple weeks since I planned meals ahead, and it's causing me too much stress. Time to get back on the ball!
• I managed extra kids twice this week and got everyone where they were supposed to go. We were a tad bit late to Bubba's karate class, but it worked out just fine.
• All I could think this morning as I drove the kids to school was how much like a "soccer mom" I felt. My two kids plus an extra on board...
• My sister and nephew are coming to stay with us Sunday through Tuesday. Fun stuff! It's family birthday celebration time. My mom, two sisters and nephew all have birthdays in the first 15 days of March. We are planning a family dinner on Monday night at moms’ house for everyone.

I saw a long-time-ago friend yesterday and today at the Y, “N’heisel”. He was working out at the same time as I was. Today as I was picking up Miss I he was leaving so we stopped to chat for a few minutes. The last I heard he was the Headmaster at a private school in town and I think his kids are all grown and out of the house now.

We looked into his school last year for Bubba. Seeing and talking to him for a few minutes today got me thinking about Bubba’s schooling again. I hear more often than not how he misses his old school. He is pretty impartial to his school right now and I worry about it. It could just be that Kindergarten isn’t challenging enough. All he brings home is copy-work of letters that he already knows, pictures he has colored (which he despises doing) and books that they “read” that are mostly pictures. So I got to wondering about the private school again. Would it be a good choice for Bubba? Will public school work out just fine? Anyway, just a few thoughts.

No comments: