Saturday, March 22, 2008

Quiet time

Miss I is napping, Bubba is at his cousins baseball game, My Honey is playing golf and I have some quiet time.

Its been a hard, hard week. The second hardest in my marriage. The first was when My Honey had his heart attack 3 years ago. Oddly I feel the same peace and calm about our situation now as I did then. I have been gifted with faith, I guess, that will see me through. It has many times before, it will this time too.

My SIL watched the kids today so I could go Easter Bunny shopping. It was actually pretty fun. Bubba has wanted this Moon Sand stuff for a long time so I got him that and a new comic book. Miss I gets a stuffed animal and bubbles. Don't forget the candy and gum too! On my way to the Wal*Mart I was driving by the cemetery and stopped to visit a 22-year-old grave site. "Believe in your dreams" is inscribed on her headstone. I am feeling really melancholy and I wonder what are my dreams right now? Have I stopped dreaming for myself? It seems all my dreams are about or for my kids ... what about me, what about My Honey, what about us? What are our dreams?

I saw a counselor last week who suggested its time to "start working on the second half of your marriage." He couldn't be more right. Although I hope we have more than 16 years left together, I get what he is saying. We are just now starting to get into the busyness, we have to make each other a priority. Take time for us. The kids will be better for it, we will be better for it too.

No comments: