Monday, December 29, 2008

Or not

I guess I was sick. All those aches didn't go away yesterday - and I tried everything short of getting all liquored up which would have been next if I hadn't fallen asleep! I just sat around the house drinking Market Spice tea and sucking Ricola sore throat drops.

I am still a little scratchy-throat-mild aches-want-to-sit-in-the-house-all-day feeling today, but I had the energy to bring in some wood, do some laundry and take a shower. Much improved over yesterday where doing the dishes made me feel like I had been run over by a truck! I didn't even have the energy to go grocery shopping and I LOVE getting out of the house!

Its snowing today, not sure how much we are supposed to get, so far its just a bit, but if it keeps up all day it could add up to a couple more inches. I love it that its been snowy for the past couple weeks. Even though it hasn't snowed every day, its been so darned cold that it hasn't melted or gotten the ugly, slushy, dirty look either. Even the berms in the roads are still white and pretty-ish.

Its nearly year end and I am feeling a little ... I don't know what about 2008. Looking back, it was a pretty tough year, but we made it through. I have high hopes for 2009; healing, happiness and honesty would be my three catch words I think. Last year I worked on making the best of social situations. Or not. I tried, I don't know that I made any great strides in that department. But there was definitely an awareness there. Melancholy. Maybe that's what I am feeling about the year end.

No comments: