Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter wonderland



We have something like 12 or 14 inches of new snow. Okay maybe only 10. What ever it is its great! I love the snow! I could do without the single digit temps we have had for the past week, but we are off to a good start today with double digits and I think I even saw them going above 20! Its a regular heat wave!

We went to my moms house to go sledding today. It was a great time. Her apartment has a gentle hill that is perfect for Miss I who is only 3 and Bubba who is kind of wimpy. Tomorrow we are going to the school down the street with the faster, steeper hill and see how we do. I'm a tad bit nervous about it as I will be taking my 2 kids, my niece and DW's daughter. I think there's going to be a few folks and their kids from work too so it shouldn't be that bad. Then we are going to come back to my house for cocoa and lunch.

Later, while Miss I hopefully takes a nap, the older 3 kids will get to decorate cookies. Luckily my mom had an event at work last night where they didn't use all the cookies and sprinkles so I don't have to bake or go to the store for that kind of stuff. Cool huh?

Speaking of going to the store; I feel like there are all these last minute things I should buy - mostly Christmas morning stuff, if you catch my drift. So I am going to do the last of that tonight. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Wentworth Family Blog said...

That sounds like so much fun, I am tempted to skip sleeping and join you!

LSL said...

Super cute pics, and aren't you lucky to have leftover cookies to use :) Good luck braving the stores. wink, wink.

The Loidhamer Family said...

Ok, I change my mind. I really wish we were sledding with you tomorrow!!! Have a great time.