Monday, December 29, 2008

And a little craftiness

I saw an idea on this blog for making soap and I thought "even I could do that!" I had intended to do it last week with all my wee visitors, but I was afraid of how much work it would be. While Miss I took her nap, Bubba and I embarked on it. I had to improvise a little as I don't own any ice cube trays. But I do have a Popsicle tray and my brilliant girl DW suggested soap on a rope so there you have it: Our version of SAJ's soap making. My pictures didn't turn out very clear, but you get the idea. Bubba thought it was a great project. Its what he will end up giving his cousins for Christmas. (Surprise!) And it really wasn't that much work. Bubba suggested maybe we wanted to give some of them to the soap guy at the Farmers market next summer. I am thinking they might be kind of fun to sell at the market next year. I know, I know, biting off way more than I can chew, but it sounds fun right now!

That, a little shoveling and a phone call about an inept installer pretty much wrapped up my day! (Well, sort of, its still kind of early isn't it?)

No comments: