Monday, February 11, 2008

Home Show

There was a home show in town this weekend. I spent an hour or so there on Saturday, I wanted to ask a couple vendors about some things. I actually had to circle the place 2 times before I worked up the nerve to approach one of the vendors I wanted to talk to. I am such a weenie about putting myself out there. The guy was nice, gave me the information on interior doors and I moved on. The next place I went ended up being just as helpful, but it took a lot out of the guy at the table to talk to me. I was standing there looking at their brochures and heard someone say "how’s it going to day?" I looked up thinking they were talking to me, but I was wrong ... THREE TIMES. Everyone was greeted as they walked up to the table but me. I was feeling a little like I must have been dressed wrong. Then when the guy finally did talk to me he implied that I wouldn’t be able to afford wooden windows I should go with vinyl, because they are about 1/2 the price. Mister, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

I told My Honey about it and he said something like "Sometimes people have this thing where they seem like they don’t want to be bothered, like they are unapproachable." WHO ME????? Unfortunately he is so right. It reminded me of one of the deputies I went on a ride along with recently, he asked me if he "passed the test." Am I that bad?? I guess so if two people in the past few months have made mention of it.

So what is a girl to do? Do I need to do anything at all? Yes, that’s why my mental attitude adjustment for this year is directly related to this kind of stuff. See how I am? I know what I need. And I would say that I did well at the home show approaching the vendors I wanted information from. I actually did it!

My cute little Bubba. I started to make him rest for an hour or so while Miss I naps so I can have a little peace and quiet each day. So he is up resting right now - or at least trying. He is so excited about Karate class he can't sit still or keep quiet during his quiet time. He is up there right now in his uniform asking how much longer until Karate. I had to promise him I would not get him there late and I would not forget. What a cutie!

No comments: