Saturday, February 09, 2008

Its official

It's official, I am a soccer mom. No, we didn't buy a mini-van, (and we don't have plans to any time soon) Bubba is officially signed up for his first sport - soccer, which makes me an official soccer mom. He is also signed up for Karate right now. They kind of both happened the same week and thankfully we can drop Karate when soccer starts in April (or try to do both if they fall on different nights). So our lives just got a little busier on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Sometimes my life fascinates me. Here I am thirty-seven and I still have a kid in diapers, and drinking bottles. I think I thought by now I would have kids in school and be coasting along in life. But here I am just beginning the rigors of carting kids around (before I know it Miss I will be taking dance or some dang thing like that) and still dealing in diapers.

I look at the lives of other women (yes, I am comparing) and think how much smarter it would have been to get kids going earlier. But life wouldn't be what it is now would it? And I know it worked out this way for a reason, I just don't know the reason yet. But sometimes I am a bit jealous of the younger girls. The ones that are 30-33 and their kids are in school and settled in sports or what ever. The ones that don't have diapers and bottles sitting around. The ones that don't have to fix the kids something different for dinner because they won't eat what the adults are. (Yes, I know this is a problem I created and make worse by not forcing the kids to eat what we eat.)

Work was kind of the pits this week. One of the supervisors made a comment that put me on guard and judging every thing she did that was aimed at me. The guild thing is still pissing me off and my trainee was getting on my nerves. He wasn't doing things MY way so I was annoyed. I know, I know.... I warned him that next week I am going to hover and hound. He actually said it might help, so that’s our plan. He’s at the point if I don't, its going to be an up hill battle for him to re-learn good habits. Am I prepared for the exhaustion? I don't know, better stock up on Fat Tire just in case. I did make it through and I didn't have as bad of a week as some.

And finally, I got in for a work-out today. Only the second one in two weeks. I so fell off the wagon. Need, need, need to get back on. I started to feel bad because my MIL didn't seem to be too pleased with me going after work, I think this happened the week she had the flu bug. But I gotta do something, I felt so much better. I was dealing with winter so well. So I plan on going Tuesday to a 4:30 class, the kids can go to the play areas at the Y, Thursday and Friday right after work while the kids are still at grandmas. Its the best I can do. Saturday I may sneak over after work too and I will take Sunday off. The trick is dinner, going to work out at 3 puts me home after 4:30 sometime. Just barely enough time to make dinner, but I can do it. I have before and it was so worth it.

(is anyone else having problems with spell check?)

1 comment:

Wentworth Family Blog said...

Sorry to hear work sucked, and yes my spell check hasn't been working either.