Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Conspiracy

Bubba and Miss I may be against us!
We are sort of, lazily potty training Miss I. She is ready, but we are lazy and work all the time and just have not taken the time to do it. I have a potty chair sitting out in the bathroom, she sits on it often, but rarely does her business there. She is interested in doing her business, but just doesn't do it yet so I offered her one candy for pee and two for poo. Simple, right?

She and Bubba were getting ready for bed a couple nights ago, so she sat down to do her business and they excitedly came out of the bathroom telling us she had pee'd. Yay!! Candy!! But me, I must see it to believe it so I went up to examine the proof. Guess what I found? My son telling me that "She pee'd, she really did" with a little too much animation. So I take a closer look and find water in the potty chair. Those two boogers tried to fool me. ME! Of all people they tried to fool their mother. Silly, silly kids.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are going to go to Issaquah on Friday. Grandma and Grandpa are dying to see the kids. It should be a nice break for me. My Honey is going to stay home, well sort of, he and one of his friends are going to find somewhere to golf. Its been nice enough they shouldn't have to go far.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a kid I never played sports. The biggest reason was lack of parental involvement. It was just too much trouble. In fact, I remember very few concerts, plays or other events that I or my siblings tried to be involved in that my folks were at. So now its my turn to be a good parent, to change the cycle. To go to my kids stuff, to be there to encourage them. To be the mother I always wanted. I sure do put a lot of pressure on myself don't I?

No comments: