Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Friday the 13th??

What a day. (Note: its only 1230)

Work sucked.

A training I was scheduled to go to yesterday was cancelled so I had to go to work today (which I had not planned on doing).

I had "hate mail" (you know, the kind accusing you of something without proof) waiting for me when I got there. These things bother me because if I do something wrong, please show me what it was, don't just quote the policy and procedure manual (THAT I CO-AUTHORED) to me in an effing e-mail. I know what the hell it says and I believe I follow it, show me where I went wrong.

And there was a reminder of how unprofessional and unprepared our Admin are; the two people with the techie powers-that-be are BOTH out of the state for a week and left no directions of who to call or what to do if there are techie problems. In my humble opinion there should be something posted somewhere so that we all know what to do in their absence since there are many, many hours during the day when there isn't a supervisor on duty, not to mention, the supervisor on duty didn't have a clue when I asked her this morning. So if there is a problem when I am on and there is no supervisor I guess the Director gets the phone call.

Ugh, the place is just pissing me off lately. Time for a long weekend away.

And then, (yep, theres more) Miss I is sick. She had trouble sleeping last night, woke every couple hours (which could be the real source of my sour mood today) screaming like she is in pain somewhere. This morning she spiked a 102 degree fever. So I came home from work and made an appointment with the doctor for this afternoon for her. That’s probably the only good thing, I got to leave work, where I really didn't want to be anyway. Oh yeah, and I might have gotten myself mixed up in a relationship thing at work that is really none of my business. Stupid, stupid me. I know better than to go looking for gossip. The best stuff always comes to me.

So that’s my day so far. It’s not even 1:00 yet. Maybe I will go hide under the covers until Miss I wakes from her nap.

No comments: