Monday, February 18, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun!

No work, no school today. Fun, fun, fun. I didn't have anything planned and then Best Buddy's mom called to see if he and his sister could come over until after lunch. Fun, fun, fun! So I have a house-full of kids. Including an older girl for Miss I to hang with. The boys are playing with Legos and the girls are watching The Jungle Book and petting the dog. Lucky dog, she will get a lot of attention today.

Best Buddy's older sister is trying to hide all over my house, it's cute. She is 4th grade, I think, and totally into spying and hiding and all that.

Its been really nice weather, I hope to get the kids out later this afternoon so we can go to the park or something. I could use some fresh air and I hate to let another good day go to waste.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got around to getting a photo of my roses from Valentines Day uploaded. They are still pretty!

---------------------------------
My work week ended pretty well, much better than it started out, thats for sure. The only thing I didn't get done were any workouts. Miss I was sick so I couldn't very well take her to the babysitting area at the Y now could I? My Honey had been home with the kids for TWO WHOLE DAYS and I felt bad not coming right home from work on Sunday, add to that I was beat from going in at 3am and it just didn't work out well this week. I am hoping to get in this afternoon around 4-ish to get at least a run in and maybe some weights.

Work this week looks tough; I have a 4 hour OT shift tomorrow morning (3-7 am) and then I go in at 3am on Wednesday, too. My MIL is out of town this week so My Honey actually took Wed-Fri off to stay home with the kids. The day she called to tell me she would be out of town I stressed. My first call was to My Honey to let him know, just as a heads up and his first comment was "so you want me to take the week off?" (and the angels sang) It was the most wonderful offer ever! So he is off most of this week. Unfortunately I have 3 OT shifts, the two I just mentioned and I am going to a training class on Thursday that will go until 5pm. It's going to be a long week, but at least I know the kids are taken care of. He just realized last night that he has to take Bubba to school and pick him up and all that. It was cute.

If Wednesday goes as planned, I am supposed to get to spend part of the day out of the office which will help a lot. One of our Sergeants called and offered to take a couple dispatchers out to the Range while they are "blowing things up." I don't know exactly what it will entail, but I am looking forward to getting out of the office for a few hours. However, my last training was cancelled so ... I am not counting on or looking forward to it. Plus, its my "short week" I only work Wed, Thurs and Fri then I am off for a 4-day weekend! I don't have anything planned, but if the weather holds, I may venture over to my dads for a short visit. Leave on Friday after work and keep Harry out of school on Monday ... Just maybe. It would be nice to get away and I think I could finagle a night (or two) away if I asked real nice.

No comments: