Thursday, February 07, 2008

Can't sleep

I can't sleep (again). Miss I woke up at 11-ish and I have not been back to sleep yet.

I am still spun up about a conversation I overheard at work. The damned Guild is fighting Administration about seniority. They don't want to give it to me. Selfish mo-fo's (I am sure that I seem like the selfish mo-fo to them, but its them, really). So they are holding up everyone’s raises to iron this issue out. Short story: the Guild won't agree to office seniority (giving me and any other supervisor that steps down or gets demoted the months or years worth of service toward our seniority) so the Admin won't agree to the raise amount.

It just pisses me off. What the hell is the point? I wonder if I mention to a few key people that their raises are being held up because of the seniority issue if they would go to their representatives and say "F-you, give in, its not that big of a deal" since it was at the urging of their representatives that this whole thing started anyway. Jerks. Selfish effing asses. Maybe I will demand a re-bid when the whole thing is over just to get the days off I want. Then we will see who is selfish. (Childish I know, but its making me feel better? Not really.) So because the Admin and the Guild can't work these two issues out the dang guild contract-thing is going to mediation. Which means it will be a few more months.

Anyway, I am trying to get it out of my system, but its not working very well. I am trying to see both sides, but it is not working very well. I tried not to let it show at work, and I thought I did a pretty good job until one of my Detective-friends called in. I was doing actual work for him and at the end of our conversation he asked what was wrong. He's one of the more intuitive guys I know (obviously) because he could tell by the tone of my voice that I was all cranky. I had honestly forgotten about the conversation until he brought it up, but it had certainly taken its toll throughout the day.

Then, My Honey got home and I mentioned it to him. Now who's spun up? Oh my goodness. He was all over the place. Told me if it didn't work out my way he had a dollar amount in mind to spend on legal fees to get it worked out. (He thinks he is so tough.)

No comments: