Thursday, January 13, 2011

Camera

For some reason I have not had my camera out much since mid-December. It came up recently when it wasn't on a list of things I would take in my shoulder bag.

I've been thinking about it, and I don't think there is anything photograph-able out there right now. The world around me is grey. Yesterday the sun peeked out and I thought I might run inside, get my camera out and try to capture it's beauty on the new snow, but I was caught up in shoveling (for the second time) and I didn't think the light was "quite right". When did I become such a photography snob? Sheesh. As I shoveled I thought maybe I should try my hand at black and white photography right now. Winter is just so monotone, I guess that's what I don't like. Maybe with a little black and white...?

I did get out and go for a walk in the snow today. I had originally planned on going cross country skiing, packed my stuff in the car, dropped Bubba off at school and decided that I didn't feel like making the drive in the semi-icy conditions, plus it started to rain. Turned out to be the best thing ever, I hadn't packed my boots! I would have been ticked to get out of town and not be able to do what I wanted!

It's my four-day weekend and I am looking forward to a couple hockey games, taking the kids ice skating and hanging with the family.

No comments: