Friday, January 21, 2011

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww ....

I did mention we were getting a puppy, right? Hmmm, I guess I didn't. My Honey has been researching Vizsla's for awhile now and found a breeder north of us. He's been in contact with them and found out they had two litters coming this month. All the females in the first litter were spoken for, so we placed a deposit on a female in the second litter. Unfortunately there was another family the waiting list and only one was born. So, we won't be getting a puppy in 8 weeks. Good thing we have not told the kids huh?

Practice today was really good. Another sporty workout presented by coach A, that ended with a game of Ice Ball. It's pretty much water polo on ice. You can carry the ball (a soccer ball) for three strides, throw it to your team mates, or throw it against the glass to travel it down the ice. You can hit it out of the hands of the opposing team and if it lands on the ice, its a dead ball, the team that didn't touch it last gets possession. You score by throwing it into the net. It was hard work, but a lot of fun. No, we didn't wear gloves or use our sticks, just our bare hands. I was a little worried about getting run over by skate blades, but it didn't happen.

We did some stopping drills today. I still need so much work. Coach A had a great way of describing the two kinds of stops he saw us doing: There is a "heeeeeyyyyy" stop (think male falsetto voice) or a "HEY. YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME" stop (this one sounds more like a gangsta). Guess which one I am? Yeah, I am all "heeeeeeyyyyy". Time to get my pop out and start stopping like I want a piece of THEM. Now I have something to practice when I take the kids skating next week.

Am I a bad mom? I made brownies without telling anyone because I didn't want to share the spoon! They're smelling really good right now!

No comments: