Friday, June 04, 2010

Weekend

Ahhhh, its my long weekend. No workie until Monday.

I got a LOT more painting done yesterday and today (I know! could I be done already?) That hallway is kicking my butt. I was amped to get started on it but when I got done painting yesterday it looked horrible. Like, really bad. Streaky, the paint didn't cover very evenly, that kind of stuff. I was pretty discouraged, but determined to put a second coat (and even a third) on it to see if that helped.

This morning I dropped the kids off at school/day care and then got to it. WOW! It's going to look pretty good. The second and third coats of paint are really helping. I am still worried that the paint is going to chip, its on the bedroom doors, but it will look good for awhile I hope.

I don't remember leaving the house for much yesterday except to pick up Miss I from grandma's and then to pick up Bubba from school. We all went to a birthday party yesterday evening and then Miss I's preschool end-of-the-year performance. How cute is it to listen to 3, 4, and 5 year olds sing "I have the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack!" A-Dorable!

Today, I met my girl DW for coffee and a nice long chat, later, I had lunch with one of my girls from work. I am a little people'd out I think. Weird. I usually like hanging. Must be the paint fumes. They're making me cranky and a little loopy too!

No comments: