Monday, January 19, 2009

Rime


From Wikipedia
"Soft rime is a white ice deposition that forms when the water droplets in light freezing fog or mist freeze to the outer surfaces of objects, with calm or light wind. The fog freezes usually to the windward side of tree branches, wires, or any other solid objects."

This phenomena has been occurring at my house and above for the past two weeks. I kept wanting to get a picture ... but this just doesn't do it justice. Its pretty cool to see just one side of a tree with frost on it, or the last 10 rows of an orchard all frosted out. I guess the fog is good for something... It's certainly not good for my disposition! But I am trying to see positive things and keep my chin up anyway :)

My sister and nephew have been here since Saturday. We had a fun-filled weekend. Saturday night we went to Mission Ridge to see Michael Carlos. He was very good. Kind of a light rock, Latino sort of coffee house guy.

Sunday we sat around like bumps on a log most of the day. Our step-dad visited for awhile and then My Honey watched all three kids while we went to a late lunch.


Today we took the kids to the play gym. They had a really good time. They're all trying to get a nap/quiet time in right now. Pretty sure Miss I is out, she played really, really hard.


Tonight they're going to my mom's for dinner. I don't know how all that will work out for us, there is Karate tonight where we find out how he did on his promotional test last week, school tomorrow and I would like to go to Bible Study. So I think we are going to skip it.

It was fun watching Bubba at the play gym, it happens to be at the same place where Miss I takes her gymnastics. He loved all the equipment, I wonder if we should change it up a little? Put him in gymnastics instead of Karate? We are pretty close to taking him out right now as it is. The plan is to hang in there until soccer in April and see what happens then. I don't think I want to do soccer, gymnastics and karate this spring. It sounds exhausting doesn't it?

No comments: