Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mo' Hockey




One of our friends plays hockey on a women's team in town. She texted me to let us know what time they were playing today so we could go to watch her play. It was fun, I was surprised how many people I actually knew that were playing. She and several others I know have suggested quite a few times that I should try. AS IF. First, I don't skate well (seems like that would be a crucial skill). Second, it takes a ton of time. Practices, games, tournaments, traveling here and there. Third, what about my family? Fourth, they don't get in fights!

(Side note, My Honey just made me some hot chocolate with something adult in it ...mmmm)

BUT ... after watching them today I might look into it next year. I can learn to skate (at least that's what my friends have told me). It might not be that much time. Traveling sounds kind of like fun to me! The family actually all enjoy hockey. And they were pretty aggressive today using their bodies to block and stuff like that. And the laughter!! They were all laughing at each other. Even the opposing team! What kind of fun would that be? A gaggle of girls laughing at each other?

So the idea is still there. Has been for about 4 years now. Maybe its time to put it into action? Plus, how cool does a hockey player look in all their gear?

1 comment:

The Loidhamer Family said...

You can do it!!!