Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Die Hard

I have worked out like 4 or 5 times since I changed shifts, and I just wanted to make a note of how I am feeling about it:

I am a little sore, but not too bad. I can't even run 10 minutes yet, but I haven't been running in several months, probably not since June or July, I don't think I went in the fall. I have done 2 (early morning) strength training classes that were pretty good. I wish the instructor was a little more form-oriented instead of letting us get by with slop, but what can you do? I did an early morning aerobics class this week too. Same instructor, same complaint. It sure is good to sweat though and I KNOW what good form is, I used to teach for Pete's sake so I just need to be a little more self-critical.

I feel good though. Yesterday I actually noticed I was a little more high energy and a little less crabby. But I am SO MUCH HUNGRIER! I need to remember to eat a little bit all day long and to keep up on the protein.

Speaking of hungry, I made this soup tonight. Easy, cheap and mmm mmm good. It would probably freeze nicely too since there aren't any potatoes in it.

No comments: