Monday, January 05, 2009

Happiness

I did it. Went cross country skiing today. It was very nice out. Lots of fresh new powder. Probably 6 or 8 inches overnight! And I shoveled today too so I have had two great workouts today. My sister went with me, she went snow shoeing. It was a lot of work, she was a sweaty mess when we were done. But so was I!

She and her husband went snow shoeing one night last week, I am thinking that would be very cool. We talked about going on Saturday night, there is supposed to be a full moon. Wouldn't that be cool? Out in the wilderness, full moon, just walking along? I hope it works out!

I have been thinking about the things I take pictures of. Sort of. Anyway, I thought it would be nice to try to take some kind of theme pictures, so today's theme is "things that make me happy." Here are some examples:

Porter's Pond


My Sister


My Valley in a fresh blanket of new snow

Thankfully the snow was a light powder, it was able to be removed so there was school today! Not only that, Miss I did her regular Monday babysitter thing today and there was a substitute in Bubba's class, that is how I ended up going skiing.

2 comments:

LSL said...

Beautiful pics! Beautiful sis - I can't believe how grown up she is!

The Loidhamer Family said...

Love the pics - I wish our white powder was still around, but alas the rains have come and it is all gone. Really wish I could go snow-shoeing on Saturday with you!