Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The're baaaack

So what did I get accomplished while the family was away? NOTHING
No laundry was washed, dried, or put away.
No dishes washed (not that there were any, I took my meals at work)
Nothing was picked up (again, nothing to pick up, it was just me)
No cleaning.
No nothing.
Best of all no guilt.

So I have spent the last two days cleaning up the whirlwind that is my family returning from a few days away. Someone sent a bag of doll stuff, we now have more Barbie in our house than I EVER had when I was a kid. Of course there was laundry, snacks to put away, and, oh yeah, I am supposed to assist with a baby shower Saturday. Which means I have food to prepare, gifts to purchase, games to come up with and lists to make. Lists and lists.

I do have one great story to tell about a midnight noise I heard in my house while they were gone, but I will need a few free minutes and no baby shower stuff bouncing inside my head.
Has anyone ever made a diaper cake before? I am going to give it my best try. Wish me luck.

No comments: