Sunday, April 22, 2007

Its a wrap

The rest of the week was just as nice as Wednesday.
Friday a massage
Saturday's baby shower: good event. Not the great success I wanted it to be, but it was good. We had tried to get a masseuse hired to do a chair massage for everyone, and it didn't work out. But the rest of the thing was good.

  • Here's an interesting side note of my life: I called 3 people to do the chair massage . . . I actually talked to them, in person, it wasn't like I left a message. All of them said they would get back to me, only one did. All of them are people I know and see on a regular basis, not just a business I called out of the blue. I get really bummed about myself when these things happen. And I kid you not, this kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME. It always has . . .

Sunday small group at our house.
I did kind of loose my mind on Sunday evening. I didn't eat the best lunch (cheese & popcorn with a diet coke chaser) and then gorged on the cheesecake brownies I baked for group. Yeah, that's not enough good calories for me. So I was a screaming, impatient mess. I stopped myself and counted to 10 many, many times.

(It's Monday now) I did remember to at a healthier lunch today; salad, ham & cheese sandwich. Hopefully I will have a better afternoon today. Maybe we will plant a garden. I have been toying with it. Radishes, lettuce, cucumbers. Like last year. Only this year will I actually work in it or not??

Have I mentioned that me and My Honey are leaving town for a long weekend in less than 2 weeks? I am so looking forward to it. 3 nights away. Me, Him, the beach and a one bedroom cottage. Could there be anything better? Not that I can think of. Well, okay, if it were at an exotic location with white sand and 90 degrees, that would be better. But I will take what I can get so, San Juan Islands it is.

2 comments:

LSL said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful. Glad you get to get away!

And about the losers who didn't call you back - why did it make you bummed about yourself? They have issues, not you. Just a thought.

Rainey said...

Thanks LSL. Just the cycle I go through when I feel "less than" in any way. I appreciate the encouragement!