Monday, April 23, 2007

That time of year again

Apple Blossom is here. I can't wait for the fat fest in the park, it starts Thursday. Its the greasiest food ever all in one place for 10 delicious days. Funnel cakes, elephant ears, corn dogs, Piroshky's, you name it, it will be here Thursday. Then the Kids Parade on Saturday. I asked Bubba a month back if he wanted to be in the parade. He told me no, he wanted to watch it. A few days later he told me he changed his mind he wanted to be in the parade, so I signed him up. A week or so after that we have the following conversation on our way to school:


B: Mom, I've been thinking
M: Yeah, Bubba, about what?
B: I've been thinking I don't want you to ride on the float with me.
M: (after I take a deep, deep breath and wipe away a tear) Really? So you want me to walk beside he float?
B: No Mom, I want to do it alone.

M: (nearly hyperventilating) Alright, you mean you want me to watch you go by? Not sit with you or walk along?
B: Yep.


AS IF. Little does he know I will be there every step of the way.
I know, I know, he's getting older, I should let him grow up. But not this year. He's still my Little Bubba. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

thewayseeker said...

Mmmm funnel cakes.

Rainey said...

Funnel cake on my menu today.