Thursday, April 19, 2007

Routine

Yesterday was a great day.

I made it out the door in time for Bible study. Had lunch in the park with a group of ladies after dropping Bubba off at pre-school, went to work (where I was bored, bored, bored) and then home to bed. It was nice to get back into a Wednesday routine.

Today I am working on the crepes for the baby shower Saturday, will take Bubba to pre-school, maybe eat in the park again because it was so nice yesterday, go to work where I will hopefully get to do something (Wednesdays we are dreadfully overstaffed) and then home. Not a bad day either.

At the Chiropractor office on Tuesday we read The Giving Tree in the waiting room. That book chokes me up every time. I think its fear. Fear that I will end up like the tree. Or the boy. I am not sure. Sometimes I feel like the tree: I wish that someone would just like me for me, not for what I can do for them. Sometimes I feel like the boy: Have I liked people for what they can do, not who they are? I think finding the balance is hard. (Yeah I am in kind of a deep place today.)

No comments: