Thursday, April 26, 2007

(Nearly) 100 things about me

My (nearly) 100

I must know for myself
I will go to the source of information if I feel it’s important
I don’t like to be told what to do
Or how to do it

I feel like I should explain things all the time
I am the best excuse maker

I am introspective
I am thoughtful
I can come up with advice for any occasion
I remember birthdays but seldom call or send a card
I used to remember special occasions and act on them once upon a time

I am initially quiet in a new group. Not because I am a snob, because I am observing
Once I get to know you, watch out!
I am resourceful

I enjoy religious stuff

Interestingly I have never found the need to question it (see #1)
I am sometimes judgmental
I hope I give everyone a fair chance
I find myself sometimes unable to express myself

Motherhood is the toughest job I have ever had
It is the most rewarding job I have ever had
It is both these things at the same time. A lot

I never did sports in school
I wanted to
I taught aerobics in my 20’s
I miss teaching aerobics
I miss being in shape
I trained for a triathlon
I broke my collarbone in a biking accident 6 weeks before the race
I would like to teach and train again

I am the oldest of 4
My youngest sister is 21 years younger than I am
She was born the year I got married
We celebrate 15 years this year

I am easily distracted
I start most stories with “So …”

Wow this is as hard as I thought it would be
I may have to come back to it later

I tend to obsess
About everything
I over think
Overanalyze
But seldom over react

I am fairly mechanically inclined
If I set my mind to it

I lack discipline
I don’t apply myself
I have heard these things since I was 5 years old
They are true

(I came back to this later)

I am a copy cat
But not given to peer pressure
If I like someone else’s idea I will try it on for myself and decide if I like it
I give credit where credit is due

(this is the third time I have tried to complete my 100)

I am easily entertained
I don’t care to go to movies, if we are going to send some time together, lets spend time TOGETHER


I love to eat out
Someone serving me, cleaning up, just making sure I am taken care of, bring it on!
I am polite and tip well

I don’t care to clean but I like things tidy
I have a girl that cleans for me

(fourth try)
I don’t think of myself as pretty, but I catch people looking at me often
Unless I am dressed frumpy
Then I get treated a lot different

Finding out about someone’s past trauma rarely surprises me
I seem to know things about people before they tell me
It is sometimes a burden, I can tell someone needs to talk but I don’t know how to draw them out

I am mostly insecure
I struggle with being to selfish
I know myself pretty well
I am open to self exploration to get to know me better

I have a lot of great ideas
I don’t know how to express them well or see them through


I am easily disappointed
I keep my expectations low
I learned this early in life


There you go. Thats nearly 100 things about me.
(It took me nearly 3 months)

Now, can anyone tell me how to put it in the side bar? Or in my profile?

2 comments:

LSL said...

Hey there - this was fun. I always like these lists. It's nice to hear a person describe themselves.

(I know how to do the link, but not how to put the list in the sidebar.)

Rainey said...

Thanks LSL. It was HARD to describe myself. Not sure I did a good job.
(I figured out the link)