Saturday, April 14, 2007

Alone Sat pm

*sigh*
It's still very quiet at my house. The only noise right now is the refrigerator humming and the dog biting her nails. Yes, our dog bites her nails. Probably because we don't walk her. How inhumane I know. I am just not an animal lover, I tolerate them.

Theres a story: How We Got Our Dog.
I worked at the YMCA for several years. My boss was looking for a dog for her mother. She found one for free in the paper, had the owner bring her by the Y so she could take a look. The dog ended up being too big for her mom, she was looking for a "lap dog." But, for some reason, I thought the dog should go home with me. I called My Honey, asked him what he thought, and then brought the dog home anyway. Naughty me.

Luckily, Rudy has been a great dog. She doesn't mind being home alone, she doesn't need a lot of attention and she is good with the kids. She does dig in the yard, bark at strange people and tear up my garden. But for some reason, we keep her. Earlier this week she got out when I took out the trash and when she came back she smelled really bad. I thought it would go away, like she stepped in something. Turned out she rubbed herself in some other dog's shit. Nice Rudy. So I had to give her a bath.

She isn't a big dog, just 40 pounds or so, but I don't like giving her a bath. Unfortunately, I had no choice. Not only did I have to give her a bath, I had to do it with both kids home and awake. Bubba was occupied by the TV, but Punkin Head had to be entertained while I was bathing the dog. I am quite the Super Mom.

My Honey called tonight while I was at work, it was slow enough I could talk for awhile. They are having a good time. The kids have been good, the party for Great-Grandma was nice. She is getting pretty frail though. He took a bunch of pictures, I can't wait to see them.

(I did end up going to my Auntie's house. She and I went out to breakfast. When I dropped her off after breakfast, hot guy was going out to his rig.)

No comments: