Sunday, January 28, 2007

Yet to come

Well, the worst may be yet to come. I declined the supervisor position. The one I have ranted about for weeks, or has it been months now? As I stated on the 19th of December, I didn't know if I could work for the people applying for the job... turns out I was right.

The partial offer I received from the new Ops person was pretty insulting and otherwise unacceptable (and we hadn't even talked salary.) Which leaves me in the role of "just a dispatcher" and I still need to work hard at many things. First - my job. Second - being professional about this whole thing. Third - how much to say and to whom. And fourth - respecting the new supervisors. They have a tough road ahead.

All-in-all I handled myself very well Friday and I hope I treated those hosers with more respect and dignity than they did me. I hope to be able to say just a few politically correct statements ("their offer was unacceptable" and/or "the process didn't strike me as above board, even though I could have benefited from it.") when the announcement comes out to answer questions. Plus, I still have a job I enjoy just no extra headaches. So far I come out ahead.

On a funnier note:
Bubba as upstairs watching TV... first a disclaimer: when I worked nights this was the ritual; My Honey would send Bubba upstairs to watch TV as a quiet activity before bed time, usually 7 or 7:30. The only kid-friendly channel (if you want to call it that) is Nickelodeon. Definitely not my first choice, but I wasn't home and I wasn't the one needing a break (you do what you gotta do). Alright, that said back to the story:

Bubba is upstairs watching TV tonight, I hear him saying something like "the week is finally over for Naked Brothers Band" over and over as he comes down the stairs. He comes to where I am sitting and tells me "the week is finally over for Naked Brothers Band." Now, I have seen enough of Nick to know that its some kind of new show, not really naked people in a band, but I still wonder what he is saying. So he explains it to me: "The WAIT is over. Not like how heavy it is, but like, well, you know, wait-ing" (emphasis on the -ing). Okay then, the WAIT is finally over. My little homonym-boy. Do you know any 5 year-olds that know the difference between weight and wait? Even scarier, he was quoting a commercial. Word for word.

No comments: