Monday, January 22, 2007

The End

Finally we had our last Christmas celebration! Yes, one month late, but its finally over. The End. This was my family Christmas with my sisters, their families, mom and aunt. We all holed up together in a chalet in the mountains and had Christmas. It was nice, I just worry too much. Worry that my kids are brats, worry that my kids are keeping everyone else up, worry that my kids are going to get everyone else sick. Worry worry worry. So I had a difficult time enjoying myself. Bubba got a stuffy nose a couple days before we were supposed to go then Punkin Head came down with a cough and runny nose, plus she has trouble sleeping... we fared alright, but it did cause me too much stress.

The chalet was nice, 3 huge bedrooms, a main living room, downstairs game room and large kitchen/dining area. There was plenty of room for the 8 adults and 4 kids (under 5). Our family cohabitated in one of the king-bed rooms. We had Punkin Head's playpen in the closet (door open) to keep it out of the way, we borrowed a twin bed from the other room, put it on the floor for Bubba to sleep on and we lived the life of luxury in a king bed. That was nice! I had to roll twice to even touch My Honey, it was the teeniest bit lonely, but mostly great!

The other rooms were great too. The room we stole the twin mattress from was called a bunk room, it had twin beds built in like captains beds at one end of the room, not quite bunk beds, they were the same height (not on top of each other) and a queen bed, a huge closet (Punkin head would have fit in there too). And the third room the Master Suite had a king bed, and plenty of room for the almost-2-year olds playpen.

If we return here, eventually the kids could take over the basement. The extra mattresses could be moved down there, they could have their own area and just come up for food! But they're a little young for that. So this year Auntie-Aunt slept down there and Grandma slept in the living room the first night and then in the second bedroom because one of my sisters had to leave yesterday.

On Saturday night we opened the last of our Christmas presents - which was the whole point of going in the first place. And I'll be dammed if I didn't do the same thing as my mother and create chaos while the kids were opening presents. The ones that got wrapped anyway, I forgot to wrap my presents.

So that was the last Christmas.

And the job. I heard on Friday who the new supervisors will be. First let me say the new Ops. person came in Friday to talk with the director about the supervisor interviews. I saw her walk by and look kind of saddish in my direction like she had bad news for me. I was so totally prepared for it. She asked to see me in the office, so I went. Then came the news. I WAS IN THE TOP THREE. That means I have a supervisor position as of Feb. 1. But, she warned me, its probationary for the first year. Great, just what I need. More pressure. So looking good must have paid off. So that's The End of that saga (and the beginning of the next one.) But that's why we blog right?

2 comments:

thewayseeker said...

Congratulations on getting the supervisor position.

Rainey said...

Thanks Seeker, not sure how we found eachother but I sure enjoy your blog too. Rainey