Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New year, same issues

It seems appropriate to do a 2006 in review. I am just not interested. It could be the mild irritation I feel for my daughter today. She was up from 11 pm until 2 am. I am not impressed or humored at all. This must end. I tried to handle it a little different from the last 100 times, I just checked on her every 30-45 minutes (when her crying was loud enough to bother me) checked her diaper, and offered her a bottle and that was it. We (I) had been actually getting her up - well that ended last night. Didn't seem to make a difference though. She was still awake for 3 hours. Mostly quiet, but still .... I am sick of it. And my schedule changes on Sunday, yes in 4 days. I will actually go to work at 3 am so this being awake from 11-2 is a huge problem. (Unless I go to bed at 6 pm.) So it must end. Ideas?? The garage sounds good right now. Just kidding. But the spare room in the basement is having some appeal to me today. Anyway, working out my cranks.

On the bright side ... Funny Bubba story ...
My Honey hurt his back pretty bad over the weekend. He asked Bubba to bring him an ice pack out of the freezer. So Bubba is carrying the ice pack across his chest saying "I have heart burn" on his way to his dad. It was pretty funny. I tried to get a picture, but it didn't work out.

Funny Punkin Head story ...
Clothing. The child is getting pickier and pickier about clothing. I put overalls on her for the millionth time a few days ago, for some reason she thought it was the day to protest. She grabbed the straps and pretty much told me in no-uncertain-terms to get them off her. Funny, funny child.

I need some ideas for good reading material or a mindless project that will help pass time without distracting from the task at hand... something that I can put down when the radio or phone beckons. Ideas??


One last thing. Resolutions. I don't make resolutions like "I am going to exercise 3 days a week" (although I could use it) or "I am going to eat healthy this year", or even "I will be nicer to my kids." But I do try to make one major mental attitude adjustment. For example one year I just wanted to be more content. So I worked hard at being content. That kind of thing. So this year, and this is hard for me to say, I need to work on obedience/respect. I have a mild issue with authority. My parents, bosses, husband. I would rather not listen to what they are telling me to do (although I want someone to tell me what to do) and do it my way (or not at all). So, that's my new year mental attitude adjustment, to be more obedient and respectful of everyone. Yikes, now its in writing. (Maybe I will just save this as a draft).

No comments: