Thursday, January 18, 2007

To be continued

Doesn't look like I am going to get anymore sleep tonight, I don't know what the deal is, but Puinkin Head is having trouble sleeping again. Interesting, it happens to be right when my schedule changed. I think there might just be something to that. She was awake for a couple hours after I went to work yesterday morning. Last night (just a couple hours ago) she had the same problem. She woke around 10 and didn't get back to sleep until midnight.

THEN Bubba woke up with messy pants. Honestly, this has only happened one other time since he was out of diapers. He never has accidents. NEVER. He was the easiest potty training story ever. He just started to wake up with dry diapers when he was around 2, so we put him on the potty and it took. Just like that. He visited the chiropractor yesterday, so I am sure that had something to do with it, he had been having a little trouble. So anyway, I just got him back to bed, and I am going to work at 2:30 am so whats the point? I have functioned on 3 hours of sleep for the past year, why change now? Unfortunately I have a couple meetings with big-wigs this afternoon, so I hope I can still function at 3 this afternoon. Oh yeah then a dinner thing. Sheesh, I have a long day ahead.

So I may as well jot down how the interview went: Fine. Yep, that's it *fine*. We won't hear until around the 1st of February who gets the job(s). And my feeling is this: either way I still have a job so I am prepared for what ever lies ahead.

The format: At check in, we received information for a 3-5 minute presentation for which we had 15 minutes to prepare. This was probably my strongest point. I was able to think of the solution, jot down the points I wanted to make, mull it over for a few minutes and then make the presentation. No problem. THEN its question time. It was an oral board format, so there were 6 people, each had 2 questions assigned and they just ask them one at a time. I think I did alright. I thought of some much better answers the next day, but who wouldn't? And that was it. I was in the conference room for nearly an hour. Then I was done.

So if the scoring was based in equal parts on the presentation, my paperwork (resume, evaluation etc.) and the oral board, I probably did best in the presentation area, my paperwork wasn't great and my oral board was okay. I didn't even think of the paperwork being part of the score so I didn't work that hard on preparing a resume. OOPS. But my cover letter was great. AND I didn't think of referring to the paperwork as part of the answers to my questions. Double OOPS. But, have I mentioned that I LOOKED GREAT? Yes. I. did. I clean up pretty nice. Normally we wear jeans and sweaters or t-shirts to work, so a skirt and jacket is a huge improvement. If that was part of the score, that is where I got the highest marks!

So that's that. The saga continues. And there's my alarm. Good morning.

2 comments:

LSL said...

Glad you looked great! And good luck on making it through today :)

Rainey said...

Thanks lsl. Appreciate the kind thought, I made it through. R