Thursday, February 01, 2007

Tidbits

I don't do politics. I don't research issues, I don't pay enough attention. If something sounds interesting I might check into it, but I don't spend hours on politics. That said, I saw a bumper sticker that caught my attention and made me laugh. I feel the need to share it:
01.20.09
Bush's Last day
The thing that caught my attention was the date, the thing that made me laugh were the red, white and blue words. I don't have a real opinion one way or the other, but here's where to go for yours.

In other news:
  • I got a haircut today (actually, you guessed it, I got them all cut) ((that is such a dumb joke)) Cute, Cute, Cute. I have worn my hair long-ish for years, its back to short. And layered. And bangs. Cute. When I wore this style years back I had the nickname "princess" because it looked like a style that Princess Diana wore.
  • Things are going pretty well at work as "just a dispatcher." I have had a lot of positive feedback from unexpected places.
  • I don't have to change shifts at work
  • I had a massage yesterday - heavenly
  • The house cleaner came today. She is magnificent. She even took a few minutes and organized Punkin Head's toys and Bubba's art center. What a gal.
  • The sun came out for a few minutes today too.
  • Things are looking up.
I could be a tad healthier. I have cold I guess that has worked its way to my throat and is affecting my voice. I am very hoarse, its not pretty. Especially since I use my voice all day at work. But what do I do? I feel fine, I just have to plug through. Officers call up and ask if I am alright, should I even be at work, I sound so horrible. Aren't they sweet?

It's funny, when I was in school I remember other kids losing their voices, but never me. I never screamed myself hoarse at a football game (but I only went to 3 or 4) and I never sang enough to go hoarse either. But now, in my old age I lose my voice once or twice a year. Lucky me.

And the kids, they are good. They have both had a pretty good week. So, yeah, February is looking up. After a few crappy months personally and professionally that is nice to say.

1 comment:

LSL said...

Glad things are looking up, and what is better than a massage? Nothing? And a good haircut, too! You're all set!

AND - yay, 01.20.09!

:)