Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weird day

Just when I thought spring was here, SNOW. It always happens. We get a few weeks of mild temps (in the 40's) just to tease us that spring may actually be on the way, then one morning you wake up and SNOW. We hope it won't happen, but it always does. The weather is funny here that way. Luckily I finally took the time to go out in the back yard and rake up all the ugly pine needles from the wind storm over a month ago. It amounts to several large piles of stuff in the yard. And I am a little sore today.

I had this weird dream early this morning. Bubba came in to our bed at around 5:30 this morning and once I fell back asleep I dreamt about a large snake. It must have been 6-8 inches around and 8-10 feet long. The person showing me the snake said not to worry, just lie down and it will slither over me. So I did. Well the damned thing tried to constrict me. I couldn't breathe in my dream and I couldn't yell loud enough to get anyone's attention. It was frightening. Finally I woke up and found myself sleeping on my stomach with Bubba crowded nearby and the muscles in by back tensed up because I had been sleeping on my stomach. How weird is the human brain? To take that pain in my back, and turn it into a believable dream?

My kids are looking older this week. I keep catching glimpses of Bubba that project me forward in time. He looks somehow older and I think "wow, there's a teenage boy in there somewhere." Its kind of strange. And Punkin Head is thinning out or getting longer or both so her looks are changing too. And her hair is growing out so it makes her look different each day. Thankfully she is still very round so she looks mostly like a baby. And she is getting new words all the time. "Baby and Hello" are her two newest this week. But she still doesn't walk. Or stand. Or want to. I am trying hard not to stress about it but its to the point now where I worry that something may be wrong. She is nearly 15 months and does not pull herself up on furniture, stand on her own or even take steps when she is held (against her better judgement) standing. Its just strange. But it does make taking care of her really easy.

No comments: